Here Are 6 Data-Backed Tricks for Getting Your Sales Emails Opened. This study by Yesware, revealed some interesting answers to, “How often should I follow up?”
The study states, “If your email is every going to be opened, 91% of the time it’s going to be opened within a day after you sent it.”
According to Yesware, if you don’t receive an answer to your first email you have a 21% chance to get a reply on your 2nd email and a 25% chance for a reply on your 3rd.
The conclusion is a no-brainer! Follow up is essential and you should start as soon as 24 hours after your first email.
Here are a few tips to remember when writing your email:
- Keep it short: Emails with three or fewer images and approximately 20 lines of text result in the highest click-through rates from email subscribers.
- Your emails must be mobile friendly: Your email marketing service (ie Constant Contact, Aweber) very likely will take care of this for you. Be sure to use this functionality to preview how your message looks on mobile devices. Remember, one column is best for mobile readability.
- Use a custom email template: Your template should incorporate your branding – logos, tagline and social links. You may be able to have your service provider create one for you or outsource this service to a professional.
- Keep it personal: Your clients expect a personalized experience. Even a small business can use merge features to address readers by their first names.
- Consider when you are sending: Remember the guidelines regarding the best times to have your message delivered to your reader’s inbox. Missed that blog post? Read it here.)
Using these best practices for email marketing in your follow up will increase your responses. Let us know your results in the comments!